The 2017 Adventure Trip is to Daytona Bike Week. New GUESTS and MEMBERS, if you wish to join us for the trip, you will have to make arrangements for your accommodations. We will likely pre-book accommodations for the trip down. Daytona is already booked. IF you wish to join us for the convoy down, please inquire of the President or Vice-President. We dont mind company or meeting new people.
- Trailering bikes down to Daytona Beach, FL
- We'll be in Daytona for the last 6 nights, of the 10 day event.
- Depart Saturday, March 11, 2017
- Arrive Monday March 13th, 2017
- Depart Daytona Sunday March 19th, 2017
- Arrive home Monday March 20th, 2017 (likely late evening)
- Accommodations on trip down and back: approximate locations will be decided based on driver ability.
- Accommodations in Daytona: Motel 6, 2992 W Intl Speedway Blv, Daytona Beach, FL 32124 $515 USD for 6 nights.
- It is 2170 kliks to Daytona Beach, FL (700k per day on the way down) (1100k per day on way back)
Costs are very hard to anticipate. Everyone spends differently. However, rough numbers are:
ROUTE / TRIP PLAN:
Due to unpredictable weather in March from Ontario clear down to Florida, we must of necessity tow ours bikes to Daytona beach. Riding part or all of the way is not realistic. It can snow in GA in March. Additionally, storage for a vehicle and trailer runs approximately $190 CAD for a 7 days stretch. Cheaper to drive to the motel and park for free.
The route is relatively simple, with only one variation of the Interstate System. This variation saves a great deal of time and avoids all of Baltimore, and most of Washington DC. So: 401 to Lansdowne/Alex Bay border. I-81 to I-83 in Harrisburg PA, I-83 to US 15 S (in south Harrisburg) and run that to I-270, and follow down to I-495 S, around the SW corner of Washington DC to I-95. I-95 straight down to Daytona Beach FL, exit # 261. Turn right and hotel is on the right behind the MacDonalds.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR WISH TO INQUIRE ABOUT ATTENDING THE TRIP PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com